Sunday Mornings at 10:00am
Students of Christian Science study the Bible Lesson at home during the week, and join together with other students and members of the congregation to listen to this Lesson read as a sermon [Order of the Sunday Service].
Twenty-six subjects are covered twice a year in our weekly Bible Lessons. Each Lesson is fresh, specially prepared for that week.
Sermon topics during the year include:
- Christ Jesus
- Are Sin, Disease, and Death Real?
- Doctrine of Atonement
- Probation After Death
- Everlasting Punishment
- Adam and Fallen Man
- Mortals and Immortals
- Soul and Body
- Ancient and Modern Necromancy, alias Mesmerism and Hypnotism Denounced
- God the Only Cause and Creator
- God the Preserver of Man
- Is the Universe, Including Man, Evolved by Atomic Force?
- Christian Science
Each Bible Lesson sermon ...
offers inspiring, thought-provoking passages from the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures on one of the above subjects.
These passages provide a basis for ongoing independent study of the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures. You can read more about our weekly lesson sermon HERE.
Order of the Service
(The current order of services is from the 89th edition of the Manual of The Mother Church, by Mary Baker Eddy.)
- Reading a Scriptural Selection.
- Silent Prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord's Prayer with its spiritual interpretation.
- Church notices and announcements.
- Reading the Explanatory Note on first leaf of Quarterly.
- Announcing the subject of the Lesson- Sermon, and reading the Golden Text.
- Reading the "Responsive Reading," alternately by the First Reader and the congregation.
- Reading the Lesson-Sermon.
- Reading the Scientific Statement of Being, & the correlative Scripture from I John 3.
On the first Sunday of each month Article VIII, Sect. 1, A Rule for Motives and Acts, is read.