About Christian Science
Christian Science, discovered by Mary Baker Eddy, refers to the universal, practical system of spiritual, prayer-based healing, available and accessible to everyone.
It is a system of care based on Christ Jesus' teaching, through which individuals have found better emotional and physical health, answers to life's deepest issues and progress on their spiritual journeys.
"Our Master taught no mere theory, doctrine, or belief. It was the divine Principle of all real being which he taught and practised. His proof of Christianity was no form or system of religion and worship, but Christian Science, working out the harmony of Life and Love."
pg. 26 Science and Health with Key to The Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy
Christian Science is fully explained in Mrs. Eddy's primary text on spirituality and healing, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.
Science and Health at a glance . . .
- People from all walks of life have found this book to be a practical spiritual guide, regardless of religion, culture, occupation, education or age.
- Ten million copies sold since publication in 1875. More than one million copies sold since 1996.
- Sold in 80+ countries at more than 3,000 bookstores and 2,000 Christian Science Reading Rooms. Also available through online stores, on CD or streaming audio, Amazon Kindle edition, Barnes & Noble Nook edition.
- Available in 17 languages plus English Braille.
- Used and recommended by healthcare professionals and others; on the suggested reading list since 1995 at the Harvard Medical School's annual symposium "Spirituality & Healing in Medicine."
In writing and publishing Science and Health, Eddy wanted to make the healing system she discovered available to the whole world. That is why she dedicates her book to all "honest seekers for Truth."